1967 - 1970s - Expansion and The Showroom on Wheels
Developments in photocopying technology, including the first plain paper copier in the late-1960s, led to still more expansion. In January, 1967 Advance moved its location and eight employees to a 2,000 square foot office at 1951 Greenspring Drive in Timonium. With the new space, Advance added sales, service, leasing and rental of copying, mimeograph and electronic stencil equipment.
Over the next few years, Advance continued to grow in both office space and employees. By the mid-70s, some 45 employees carried on the simple ideals Lois and Alan established-several of whom are still with the company today.
Advance carried multiple copy machine lines including Minolta, Toshiba, 3M, Old Town and Mita. Demonstrating these large machines to prospective customers was at times a challenge. In an effort to literally “bring the equipment to the customer,” Advance created the “Curbside Copier Showroom”-a modified Winnebago equipped with copy machines for mobile demonstrations.